Monday, July 16, 2012

The First Husband by Laura Dave

I recently read The First Husband by Laura Dave. I had heard fantastic things about this book and was very excited to read it. The book follows Annie Adams who is a travel writer for a magazine. After dating a man for several years she breaks up with him and marries someone she barely knows, thus changing her entire life. They move to a new town where she does not know any one. Happiness does not last forever as her life starts to spiral out of control.


This book was very well written. I did not enjoy it as much as I hoped. While the event in the story can happen, they were not very relatable to real life for me. She rushed into a life that she was not ready for so of course their would be challenges. The story it self was light, and comedic at times. This would be a good beach read.


Everyone check it out and post your thoughts when you are finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment