Thursday, June 21, 2012

Size 12 and Ready to Rock by Meg Cabot



 
I first discovered Meg Cabot's book shortly after the first Princess Diaries (starring Julie Andrews and Anne Hathaway) movie came out. My mother walked in and saw me watching it for the millionth time and said to me "You know that's a book right?" At the time I hated reading, but that statement was all it took for me to go running to the library and take out the book. I fell madly in love with them. I soon discovered that not only did she write the Princess Diaries books, but she also used a pseudoname, Jenny Carroll to write The Mediator Series and the 1-800 Missing Series (re-released under the name Meg Cabot). I read every single one of the books almost immediately and counted the days until new books were published. I was ecstatic when 1-800 Missing was turned into a Lifetime TV show staring, Caterina Scorsone (yes the very same person who is currently Derek Shepherd's little sister, Amelia on Private Practice ), and was practically devastated when it did not return for another season back in 2007.

As I got older I began reading her Adult books including the "Boy" books, Queen of Babble Books and one of my favorite series, the Heather Wells books. Counting the days until Meg's new books are published which is why I am thrilled to be given the opportunity to read and review her newest book Size 12 and Ready to Rock (book 4 in the Heather Wells series). 

Once again we see former teen singing sensation Heather Wells working in Fischer Hall at New York College. It's summer and the building is closed for construction, or so she thought. Soon a current rock star, who is also her ex boyfriend's wife takes over the building with her rock school. Things do not go as planned when a that star's life becomes endangered. 

I enjoyed this book. They are fun and have a mystery twist. This book is a quick read and would be great to sit on the beach with. I would love to see them on the big screen!


This book will be published July 10, 2012 but is currently available for pre-order.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A free PDF of the book? That would be illegal! You can order it through Amazon or get it free from your public library!

      Delete
  2. I really enjoyed this one. I love all of Meg Cabot's books but this series has got to be one of my all-time favorites. Heather cracks me up and I am already eager to read the next book in the series!

    ReplyDelete