Thursday, June 23, 2011

Stuck In Downward Dog by Chantel Simmons

Stuck In Downward Dog by Chantel Simmons



I recently finished reading Stuck In Downward Dog. This is a story about a girl, Mara who gets dumped by her boyfriend, is living in a basement, and is stuck at a job she hates. She decides that she hates her life and wants to be like her friends. She creates a list to follow in order to be more like them. In the process she realizes that she may never reach their potential.

The story concept was a fantastic. Chantel Simmons has a unique way of making you feel a part of the book. The characters seem like people you would encounter in every day life. I am not a violent person but I really felt the urge to want to punch Olivia and Mitz. I wanted to shake Mara and ask her what she was thinking wanting to be like those two! I really enjoyed the ending ( I don't want to ruin it for anyone so that is all I will say about the ending).

In the end I found this book to be a good motivational book for those who do not have the courage to change their life.

I recommend you read it and then get back to us with your opinion!



No comments:

Post a Comment